Friday, September 4, 2009

Mission Statement!

"Your mission should you choose to accept it..." "...5 year mission to explore strange new worlds..." A mission statement is a brief written statement of the purpose of a company or organization. Ideally, a mission statement guides the actions of the organization, spells out its overall goal, provides a sense of direction, and guides decision making for all levels of management.
So that answers what a mission statement is but that still leaves the veritable questions of who, when, where, why, and how. As I'm only a sixth of the way done this post promises to be a dozy. I think I'll tackle why next as who, where, and how are fairly obvious at this point (with when being completely indefinite at this point). On with the show!
Why the heck would a blog need a mission statement? That's a good question, I'm glad I asked. My general hope is to avoid rambling creep that tends to percolate into most of the blogs I write. Additionally I want to keep on track and without a clear goal or schedule that's unlikely to happen as I'll forget to post and simply forget about the blog all together.
That's why a blog would need a mission statement of any sort which wraps up the post for this week.

Waitaminute. The mission statement.

The Looney DM blog's mission is to bring some much needed humor and levity to the RP community, blog or otherwise. An explanation is in order. Blogs in general and RP blogs specifically are prone to navel gazing. Even worse they don't have the decency to clean out the lint that's accumulated, they just shuffle it around, if they touch it at all. I mean really, some personal blog hygeine is definately in order. A good shot of humor to the face like an over charged seltzer bottle is just what's needed to get the spring cleaning started.
I'm going to rock a three day a week schedule for this. Monday will be Motivational Monday. I'll pop out a RPG related motivational poster on mondays along with commentary and appropriate links to the artist if applicable. Wednesday doesn't have a clever alliteration day but it will be reserved for amusing anecdotes and quotes from my personal games and stuff I find on the net. Friday will be more motivational posters along with the occasional tidbit of DM advice.

Since you've been a good sport and read through the whole of my ramblings, have some motivation to come back later.


Art by Paul Kidby. That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment