Friday, November 6, 2009

Character Death


Guess what happened to my character last time my group met. No go on, guess. If you guessed "got a new awesome magic weapon" you guessed too wrong for words. My not so beloved half orc rogue bit the dust. To be honest he lasted more sessions than I expected. However I've come to the conclusion that the striker role in 4e D&D just doesn't do it for me. I need something with a little more zing, pizazz or merely anything that does more than "get flanking, stabbity stabbity stabbity". I'm making a cleric next under the assumption from previous experience with clerics that leaders are more complicated tactically and therefore more interesting. At least that's the theory. I plan to burn this theory for all it's worth in the coming weeks. The motivator above that I created is one of the pictures from the newest telescope that NASA launched. You're looking at the death of a star that is causing the huge spectrum blooms. On the subject of character death and characters, have a bonus poster from my collection. Disclaimer: I did not create the following poster. At all. Not even a litle bit.

This is, of course, Jim Darkmagic of the New Hampshire Darkmagics
On that note,
LooneyDM up up and away!

P.S. On time for once gosh darnit!

No comments:

Post a Comment