Friday, November 12, 2010

Not Dying

Picture is unrelated. Sorta. My sky pirates campaign rolled out on Wednesday. I'm using the Swashbucklers of the Seven Skies setting with the PDQ# rules. One of the specified points of character creation is a character's motivation. Yeah yeah, I know a character is supposed to have a motivation regardless but the way it works into this game is straight up brilliant. Motivation is a game mechanic that can take hits, which in turn generates story hooks. The really lovely part I like as a GM is that all my players have written up what amounts to a one line description of a point that interests their character in world. It makes my job so much easier when I can throw together a convoluted mess that hits on all the characters motivations to bring them together rather than relying on their metagame senses to accept each other in game.
Additionally the rules lighter system means I can consider the plot and story points and not prep enemies until 30 minutes before game. That alone is a massive time saver.
Check out said PDQ# rules here

Art from here
LooneyDM out

No comments:

Post a Comment